Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Week of December 12-16



What's on my list this week?

Children's Book:





Crow by Barbara Wright - coming in 2012 -

Awesome historical fiction telling of a little known historical event - the race riots in Wilmington, North Carolina in 1898. More for ages 10 and up (although Amazon lists it as for ages 8+), this book is amazing.


Best Link: SLJ's Best Books of 2011 - I love to browse the various lists that come out at year's end. Which books do I have for Irving's Library? Which do I need to own myself?



Adult Book: I'm stuck on memoirs by widows....this one, Where You Left Me by Jennifer Trulson is her account of losing her husband, a Cantor Fitzgerald employee, on 9/11, and the time she spent moving on and finding love again.



iPad App: Spot the Dot, $2.99. Fun for preschool kids, it works on shapes and colors- but my daughters (ages 10 and 8 - along with the 5 year old) all fight over it.



Blog Post: This post over at A Year of Reading got me thinking about my lesson planning and how I spend my time teaching....there is always direction to my lessons and not much free time. It seems in other districts there is perhaps more individuality built in during library time and freedom to do these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment